Do you want to create a Mailchimp subscription form on your WordPress website
With Mailchimp addon on WPForms, you will be able to easily integrate Mailchimp on your subscription form.
After going through this article you will be able to easily create a Mailchimp subscription form and connect it with Mailchimp to automate your email campaigns.
But If you don’t know much about Mailchimp, or hearing about it for the first time let me introduce you to it
What is Mailchimp?
Mailchimp is an email marketing automation platform designed and developed for businesses who want to reach out to their target audience using email.
It is an all-in-one tool where you can manage your mailing lists, create custom email templates, and nurture and automate your entire email marketing campaigns.
Websites looking to effectively do email marketing need a tool, such as Mailchimp, to run their campaigns smoothly and securely.
What is WPForms?
WPForms is a WordPress plugin that helps you create beginner-friendly WordPress forms in minutes with a drag & drop form builder. The forms you create with WPForms are easy to embed and mobile-friendly.
With WPForms you can create:
- Contact form
- Payment form
- Email subscription form
- Registration form
Other features of WPForms include:
- Multi-page forms
- Payment gateway integration
- Spam Protection
- Smart conditional logic
- Instant notifications
- Email marketing software integration
Now we will integrate salesforce form with the help of WPForms on your WordPress in just a few simple steps
So let’s begin!
STEP 1: Install and Activate the Necessary Plugins
To create a Mailchimp subscription form, first we need to install WPForms.
To install WPForms plugin installed on our WordPress website follow the steps given below –
1. Go to your WordPress Dashboard and click on Plugin and then click on Add New.
2. Type WPForms in the search box.
3. Click Install and then Activate.
4. Once you have a license key head over to WordPress dashboard and then WPForms > Settings.
Note: One MUST have an Elite license to use this feature.
3. Now enter the License key to get started.
4. Now, once you’ve got WPForms installed and your license is verified, you’ll be able to quickly install and activate the Mailchimp addon.
5. Go to WPForms > Addons and find the Mailchimp Addon.
STEP 2: Create a Mailchimp Subscription Form in WordPress
Now that we have installed WPForms and activated MailChimp Addon. Next, we will create a subscription form
1. On your WordPress dashboard click on WPForms and then on Add New.
2. Now, name your form Mailchimp subscription form and select the Newsletter Signup Form template.
3. WPForms lets you add custom fields on your contact form with a simple drag and drop
When you choose the Newsletter Signup Form template you’ll get Name, and Email fields by default. To add more fields simply drag them from the left-hand side panel to the form builder on the right-hand side.
4. Make sure you are adding the GDPR Agreement field to your Mailchimp subscription form. By doing this you will create GDPR compliant forms by giving your site visitors an explicit way to agree to you storing their personal information and sending them email marketing materials.
5. Now go to WPForms > Settings and click on the GDPR Enhancements checkbox to enable the use of the GDPR form field
STEP 3 – Connect Your Form to Mailchimp
Now we will connect your newsletter signup form to Mailchimp,
1. Go to Marketing > Mailchimp.
2. Click on Add New Connection
3. A box will pop up asking you to name this connection. Select the form named Mailchimp Subscription Form and hit ok.
4. Now we have to add your Mailchimp API Key. To get the API key sign in to your Mailchimp account.
5. Then, go to Your Profile » Extras » API Keys.
6. Copy and paste your Mailchimp API Key into WPForms. Then confirm by clicking Add New Connection.
7. After you enter your API key, you should:
- Select your Mailchimp account
- Pick the email list you want people to be added to when they subscribe
- Enable conditional logic
8. Click SAVE. To save all your settings.
Step 4 – Configure Your Mailchimp Subscription Form Settings
1. Now we will configure your MailChimp subscription form notifications to send an email whenever your subscribe form is submitted on your website.
With WPForms can send a notification to yourself (automatically unless disabled), to members of your team and if you use smart tags, you can even send a form notification to your site visitor to let them know their form has been received.
2. After notification settings lets configure Confirmations to let your site visitors know immediately that their form has been submitted.
WPForms lets you choose from three types of confirmations:
- Message. This confirmation type will display a simple message once a site visitor submits their form letting them know their form has been processed.
- Show Page. This confirmation type will take site visitors to a specific web page on your web page.
- Go to URL. Redirect to a different website
Step 5: Add Your Mailchimp Subscription Form to a page.
1. Click on the Edit page.
2. Then choose Add WPForms icon .
3. Next, select your form from the dropdown in the modal popup.
4. Publish your page so your form will appear on your website.
Voila, we are done.
Follow these steps one by one you’ll be able to create a Mailchimp subscription form on your WordPress website.
If you have any queries regarding the above information leave a comment or reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you in the next article.